Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hersha Hospitality Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Opportunity: Front Desk Supervisor
Supervise front desk operations in accordance with established guest service, quality and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Assistant Front Office Manager â“Front Office Manager â“ Assistant General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Resolve guest complaints and concerns by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Participate in lobby ambassador and other activities related to interacting with guests on an individual level, thus creating a relationship and culture that will result in repeat stays.
- Oversee front office operations in the absence of the Front Office Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Perform bookkeeping activities such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Promote Hersha Hospitality and brand-specific marketing programs.
- Greet guests immediately upon arrival; register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Compute bills, collect payments, handle cash, and make change for guests.
- Close out guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Ensure hotel entrance, reception and other public areas are properly maintained in regards to cleanliness and appearance.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHMs EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Position Requirements
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on all shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001I7Z&lang=en
• Post ID: 62564783 miami