Posted: Monday, February 20, 2017 5:06 PM
Overview: The Prep Cook's primary responsibility is to prepare hot and cold items into batches for future recipes use according to company and Health Department standards. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Produce craveable food products in batches by following recipes or build sheets according to company standards
- Demonstrate a current working knowledge of all recipes
- Put away stock according to standards
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food products
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Follow production guides, maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed and customer service standards are maintained
- Maintain a safe work area
- Assist with special events
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience:No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills:Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills:Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability:Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands:This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills:Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours:Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: This position is exposed to sharp objects such as knives and scissors. This position is also exposed to high levels of heat within an enclosed space. This position is required to use potentially hazardous equipment, such as grills and ovens. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all r
• Location: Miami
• Post ID: 47248159 miami