Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces).
- Cook Menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef's instructions.
- Season and cook food according to recipes and personal judgment.
- Close the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assist each other in closing the kitchen
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant's standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6 months of experience in the kitchen
- Able to communicate effectively with manager and kitchen personnel
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work in standing position for long periods of time
- 1 week paid vacation after 1 year
- weekly food allowance
- valuable team building skills
- opportunity to earn overtime income
- opportunity for growth within the team
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour
• Post ID: 78000592 miami