***This Requisition is Pool Day Shift - North Palm Beach Location
Supports the Medical/Surgical and Intensive Care units, collaborates with multidisciplinary health care team and provides compassionate and family center care. Responsible for the planning and delivery of care utilizing nursing processes: assessment, implementation and evaluation. Oversees the plan of care, utilizes effective problem solving strategies and applies evidence based practice. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated hospital and Patient Bill of Rights and practices under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- CPR: Healthcare Provider.
- RN licensure within the State of Florida.
- PALS certification completion within 2 years in this position.
- NRP certification required as specified by the department within one year in position.
- ACLS as specified by the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Nursing Care Functions
- Completes all nursing multi-system assessment that includes head to toe, vitals, dressing changes, suction, feeding, bathing and repositioning.
- Reviews patient admission history, prepares and accurately completes the discharge planning process accurately as per department and hospital policies & procedures.
- Communicates the patient's progress including critical findings, changes in the patients' condition with the physician and/or disciplines involved in the care of the child.
- Plans, implements and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Provides nursing care that includes IV site monitoring, specimen collection and assists medical team with special procedures.
- Follows physician s orders and administers and reconstitutes medications directed. Adheres to the six rights of medication administration:
- Collaborates and rounds with a multi-disciplinary team in daily care planning rounds, as appropriate and fosters a Family Centered Care environment.
- Accesses electronic health record independently according to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation in the patient s electronic health record.
Patient Family Communication
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input and communicate any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Educates patients and their family about disease processes, post treatment home care such as disease, medication, treatments, pain, discharge and safety.
- Promotes an \"error free\" working environment by consistently providing high-quality, safe care as per hospital policies, conducts prevention rounding and follows up on identified concerns promptly.
- Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, efficient care delivery with emphasis on the absence of medication errors, avoidance of falls, ouch-free procedural pain & reduction of pain.
- Provides patient information and effectively completes the hand off process at shift change and patient reassignments.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Career Development: National certified preferably within 5 years of hire.
- BSN Degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- CPI (Crisis Intervention Training) is preferred.
- Trauma Certification is preferred.
- Nursing experience in a Pediatric healthcare setting is strongly preferred.
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Flexible and has a passion for learning.
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice, analytical thinking and service excellence in practice.
- Analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care.
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, hospice, intensive care, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychiatric, registed, staff nurse, surgery
• Post ID: 70080657 miami