“Verizon has announced plans to sell select data centers to Equinix. This position will be included as part of the planned sale”
The engineer will work shift work (i.e. 12 hr shifts), work weekends/holidays and be responsible for monitoring/managing overall network performance. The Engineer will focus on incident management and restoring service to customers. In addition this position will develop procedures along with installation support to customer infrastructure.
Engineer Scope Summary:
- Identify and resolve issues
- Manages several requirements/incidents at a time with no supervision
- Proactively looks for areas to improve overall network performance.
- Finds and resolves system issues by utilizing traditional and non-traditional means. Ability to quickly respond to critical service impacting issues with intuitive out-of-the-box ideas and solutions
- Prioritizes multiple high-visibility projects and drives decisions and resolutions for unique problems that may not have existing/complete solutions
- Conduct ongoing system performance monitoring to ensure that platforms continue to perform as designed
- Interfaces with customers to resolve issues. Resolves internal and external customer-specific problems
- Interacts with cross functional teams
- Monitoring and trending of capacity to ensure the network meets performance needs
- Deployment of initiatives
- Capability to manage complex projects across multiple disciplines
- Prioritize general objectives into defined projects and establish scope, timeline, and resources to successfully meet commitments
- Takes ownership of network projects, identifies and forges new processes to optimize network performance
- Produces and shares on various issues and resolutions to include training team members
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Top Secret security clearance.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Working knowledge of data communication systems including hardware, software and applications; including Switches, Routers, and Firewalls, IP, IPX, Frame Relay, VPN, IP.
- Experience with network monitoring tools (HP Openview, Solar Winds, Intermapper).
- Experience in fiber-optic communications (optical network architecture, SONET/SDH,WDM).
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook/Exchange, Visio, Microsoft Project.
- A high degree of self-motivation.
- Industry recognized certifications (Network+, A+, I-Net+, MCP, Cisco).
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6657167-lead-engineer-lifecycle-ae
• Post ID: 48219261 miami