RN- Clinical Coordinator- Radiology (Full Time, Evening shift) - Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Assesses, plans, facilitates and evaluates the coordination of patient care according to unit/department policies and procedures. Provides clinical leadership, utilizes effective problem solving strategies and applies evidence based practice to improve patient care. Works under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
- A minimum of 2 years RN clinical experience.
- Experience as a Charge Nurse is required.
- Microsoft Office Applications including Excel and Word experience required.
- PALS within two years of hire as specified by department.
- NRP/ACLS within one year of hire as specified by department.
- RN licensure within the State of Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates & continuously monitors patient flow, supports patient throughout utilizing appropriate resources from admission, transfer or discharge & facilitates the processes in a timely manner.
- Identifies clinical strengths & opportunities, re-assigns patient assignments to support clinical competency, coaches & mentors employees to improve performance & clinical outcomes.
- Flexes the employees to align with census fluctuations, collaborates with the Operations Administrators and Nursing Staff Office to meet hospital needs.
- Promotes/practices cost containment and maintaining fiscal performance by ensuring appropriate supplies and par levels are maintained.
- Supports departmental goals and the hospital strategic plan. Actively participates in the nursing governance council and unit based committee.
- Conducts department huddles, communicates hospital and department updates and Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) Patient Perception Survey data.
- Fosters staff empowerment and open communication, leads and guides staff to build a high performance and engaged team.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of the hospital interdisciplinary team and promotes the team concept within the department & hospital wide.
- Interacts with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input and communicate any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Ensures the provision of education about disease processes, treatment and documents patient/family teachings on health related needs in the electronic health record.
Nursing Care Functions
- Administers direct patient care, as needed, especially during high census and/or when other resources are not available.
- Oversees and assists staff in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Responsible for patient care coordination on designated shift to include accountability for patient throughput and outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes and assists with projects to enhance workflow utilizing Lean methodologies and tools.
- Assists and supports the RNs and team with code blue and rapid response efforts.
Patient Care Rounds and Updates
- Collaborates and rounds with a multi-disciplinary team in daily care planning rounds, as appropriate and fosters a Family Centered Care environment.
- Communicates the patient's progress including critical findings and changes in the patients' condition.
- Implements and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Actively participates in the performance review process through chart reviews and validating timeliness of charting and all requirements are met.
- Ensuring all staff on the assigned shift is adhering to the regulatory requirements of the Joint Commission, CMS, DOH, & other accrediting agencies.
- Ensuring all staff is adhering to hospital policies and procedures.
- Promotes a safe \"error free\" working environment by consistently performing infection prevention are adhered to on their assigned shift.
- Career Development: National certification preferably within 5 years of hire.
- BSN Degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- Strong customer service, problem solving, critical thinking, time management and conflict resolution skills.
- Pediatric Nursing in an acute care setting is preferred.
- Trauma certification as specified by the department.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to positively influence, hold self and others accountable.
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team, and lead a team to achieve business results.
Associated topics: ambulatory, domiciliary, intensive care, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, psychatric, registered nurse, surgery, transitional
• Post ID: 70609502 miami