The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Tech contributes to the company by assisting with the provision of safe and effective patient care. The Patient Care Tech transports patients to and from the operation room, maintains cleanliness of operating room, assists with operation room turnover, sterile processing, inventory, and supply maintenance.
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in the transfer, positioning, and transport of patients.
- Assists with turning over operating rooms between cases
- Cleans rooms between cases (e.g., dusts shelves and countertops, removes linens and places in bag for daily pickup, removes garbage from operating room and recovery room)
- Performs terminal cleaning of surgical area.
- Maintains sufficient supply levels and orderliness of all equipment and supplies:
- Familiar with location of equipment and supplies
- Assist with restocking and ordering of supplies.
- Distributes clean linen and scrubs to all appropriate areas
- Stocks scrub brushes, antimicrobial hand washing solution, and surgical supplies
- Keeps caps, masks, and shoe covers stocked
- Keeps the warmer stocked with blankets (as applicable)
- Keeps scrub sinks clean and free of debris
- Adequate supply of paper towels, toilet paper, and soap for all bathrooms and sink areas.
- Assists patients with urinals, bedpans, and emesis basins
- Performs general delivery service for the facility that (may include transporting specimens) and runs errands as needed
- Keeps kitchen clean
- Assist with keeping waiting areas, lobbies, utility rooms, and patient care areas safe and clean for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Keeps hallway free of clutter
- Checks/empties sharps containers throughout facility
- Cleans and remakes stretchers/OR tables.
- Assist in monitoring and recording in environmental and equipment log.
- Answers phones.
- Assist with computer data entry as needed.
- Uses equipment in safe and effective manner; reporting repairs to appropriate person.
- Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
- Assist in sterile processing, as needed.
- Reduces hazards/risks, prevents accidents/injuries and maintains safe conditions in workplace.
Age Specific Care:
- The patient care requirements may include those of pediatric, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=26430-3753&lang=en
• Post ID: 50863948 miami