Risk Management Director (Patient Safety Officer)
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 417-bed, full-service hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, burn, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint Commission Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a “Top Performer” on key quality measures.
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
Reporting to the Vice President of Quality, this individual is responsible for oversight of the hospital’s patient safety and risk management program including the coordination of all relevant activities as per the requirements of the Florida Statues, CMS and The Joint Commission. The Risk Management Director is responsible for facilitating the transition from a retrospective, reactive model for risk management to a prospective, proactive loss prevention, harm reducing patient safety program.
- Advance Patient Safety through Systems Thinking and Design
- Chair of the Patient Safety Committee
- Identify and Mitigate Patient Safety Risk
- Oversee Regulatory Compliance from a Risk Management perspective
- Facilitator of the Bio Ethics Committee and the Patient Grievance Committee
- Work closely with senior leadership, corporate and defense counsel, department directors and corporate associates, patients, visitors and medical and allied health staff for consultation on Risk Management issues/concerns
- Oversee all aspects of risk identification and management for the organization’s loss control program
- Ensure that risks are minimized by investigating and acting on all regulatory survey reports/recommendations
- Represent Risk Management at Medical and Surgical Peer Review, Quality Council, and other departmental meetings
- Provide comprehensive risk management education and orientation program
- Increase Patient Safety Awareness and Practice among Clinicians and Staff
- Collaborate with VP of Quality in annual proactive risk assessment
- Investigate and respond to all patient/family grievances and complaints
- Conduct root cause analyses in response to unexpected occurrences which caused or may cause serious physical injury
- Track and analyze data for trending and develop appropriate action plans and risk modification strategies in conjunction with the VP of Quality
- Analyze hospital acquired conditions, validation of compliance with bundles and determination of corrective action plans as necessary
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01356-6794&lang=en
• Post ID: 45788541 miami