Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 3:07 PM
Job Function: IT
Contract Type: Regular Employment
Job Level: Professional
Office Location: Miami : Regional HO, FL (MIA_REG)
Travel Required: No Selection
The Panalpina Group is one of the worlds leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor:made end:to:end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a IT Service Delivery Application Support Consultant Americas to...
* Possess and apply a high level knowledge and understanding of our Forwarding System and usage with primary focus on but not limited to AirWarder and FOS/SAP TM.
* Ensures proper implementation, effective support and development of the application environments.
* Acts as a liaison to any and all related departments such as but not limited to FOS/SAP TM Development group, Systems group, Export Compliance, CAPCO and BPT (Business Process Trainer), as well as PAC.
* The position requires gaining necessary technical knowledge of the forwarding system platform and interfaced applications like Cargo Point/Cargo Wise.
* Builds good relationship with user community
* Acts as a liaison and counterpart to Product, Export Compliance and BPT (Business Process Trainer), IT and Operations on regional level
* Provides enhancements to Business requests (BRF) within the Americas on an as needed basis
Strategic / Tactical
* Strategic and Planning skills (ability to communicate technical solution and deployment)
* Maintains a strong relationship with country products and BPT's (Business Process Trainers) to facilitate the exchange of information, problem descriptions and lessons learned
* Create and maintain APCO specific system administrator documentation (defined code tables).
* Application Administration (Grants access, File Range set up, general admin functions, etc.)
* Is accountable for timely resolution and execution of service requests and application change management
* Ensures that incident trends are identified and relayed as problems to the IT Business Solutions team for analysis
* Drives improvements in service levels
* Conducts the write:up of user manuals to provide end:users with a source of information to encourage independency and self:learning
* Ensures that notifications to stakeholders of planned and unplanned service interruptions are communicated and propose alternatives to ensure business continuity
* Enforces the use of the ticketing system and the correct incident escalation path
* Consults on the proper use of all Standard Operating Procedures related to Core, Finance, Customer and Warehouse applications
* Work with products to produce design requests based upon BRF's for application enhancements, bug fixes and all other program changes
Role Specific Skills
* Strong understanding of Information Technology and Information Systems as they apply to freight forwarding industry
* Broad knowledge in freight forwarding, logistics and supply chain solutions
* Overall understanding of Panalpina business processes and interdependencies
* Ability to travel as required
* High priority for team work
* Capable of working under pressure, often dealing with the tight deadlines of a production environment
Customer and Operational Excellence
* Customer focus (monitors customer expectations continuously and is willing to adapt own activities/procedures)
* Readiness to continuously focus on identifying and meeting customer current and future needs
* Readiness to provide alternatives and optimized solutions to Customer
* Ability to establish a successful long:term business partnership with internal and external customers
• Location: Miami
• Post ID: 67357147 miami