Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:44 PM
Job Function: Air Freight
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Level: Management
The Panalpina Group is one of the worlds leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor:made end:to:end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a ((BU Head of Air Freight)) to l
ead the air freight department in all operational disciplines and ensure operational excellence, regulatory compliance, high productivity, and customer satisfaction.
* Manage the movement of customer cargo into and out of the United States in accordance with organizational policy and procedure ensuring compliance with relevant local, country and international law and processes
* Evaluate improvements of existing procedures and working environments to advance the service level to the customer, profitability of the corporation, and well being of fellow staff members
* Assure implementation at the local / regional level of the guidelines and/or standard procedures as outlined in the company's IMS (Integrated Management System) and KWEB issuances, and as directed by the Corporate Customs and Compliance Services Officer
* Assure proper information flow with sales on changes and/or problems with external customers, with specific focus on air forwarding concerns
* Monitor workload and adjust, if necessary
* Evaluate staff performance on a regular basis and annually through the PEAR process
* Hold regular (at least once per month) meetings with the department staff
* Monitor timely responses to external/internal customers and other Panalpina offices
* Check all files for accurate documentation (TSA, compliance, operation, and accounting)
* Assure complete billing of files in accordance with corporate KPI
* Manage financial and currency processes and transactions in accordance with company policy and law, optimizing cost:effectiveness of import activities
* Investigate, plan and implement transport methods that are strategically effective and relevant, and which optimally meet the needs of the organization and its suppliers and customers
* Monitor traffic and cost budget compliance and advise Management of any deviation
* Prepare quotations, review customer profiles and rate structures
* Support Sales Department with customer information, rates, etc.
* Review accuracy of Customer Profiles MWE: customer profile set up is sales responsibility
* Visit customers whenever required to improve communication and service
* Assure training and education of the department staff and initiate cross:training
* Monitor vendors' compliance with service standards and requirements as per contract terms
* Monitor proper filing and updating of all departmental records, i.e., tariffs, manuals, contracts, etc.
* Assist with the processing of RFQ's
* Negotiate and manage contracts with providers, as required, to enable cost:effective transportation services
* Evaluate department performance on a regular (Monthly) basis using measurement standards and tools available. If sub:standard, take corrective action.
* Maintain a continuous improvement process to increase efficiencies and improve performance to customers: Ensure personnel are trained, technically competent and well informed of changes in customer service requirements and regulatory matters; Increase competency level of all air freight personnel to ensure quality, compliance and outstanding service
* Operational know:how
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of air product / environment
* Comprehensive understanding of PA (strategy and products)
* Advanced competency in all aspects of business administration
* People Management and Leader
• Location: Miami
• Post ID: 74543167 miami