What you’ll be doing...
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving City Engagement & drives ownership of developing opportunities in network transformation Cities. BD Manager develops relationship with City/Municipalities, developing value proposition, understanding the political & competitive landscape, and executing partnerships by aggressively establishing contracts and developing public/private partnership model.
The BD Manager is responsible conducting deep dive discussions with various City Departments, understand their specific needs in solving City problems, coordinate with VZ Enterprise Architect, create requirements document, develop City Solution Maps, & collaborate on development of solution document from design through execution, and work closely with various organization in building support model for deals.
1. Align & Strategize with 1F Build Plans and drive Business Development activities.
2. Develop city specific strategy and responsibility for value proposition decks
3. Drive collaboration with VZW & VBM, WNO, WLS, & SCV organizations and owning deals and driving wins
3. Support the development and implementation of new business opportunities
4. Create executive level and technical presentations and value proposition decks
5. Proactively Collaborate with State & Government Affairs Teams and Wireline/Wireless Network & Legal teams
6. Drive positive customer experience and with the sales teams.
7. Proactively get the Cities ready for Open for Sale opportunities in 2018.
What we’re looking for...
1. 10+ years of experience in Sales & Business Development with 6+ years of experience in complex solutions delivery and 6+ years of experience selling to State & Local Government.
2. Experience in managing delivery of complex solutions involving IoT/M2M, Optical Networking, WiFi, and professional services.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Information Systems or Engineering preferred.
4. Strong technology sales & marketing and analytical skills.
5. Prior experience delivering complex M2M solutions and market expertise in assigned vertical
6. Must possess financial management skills needed for forecasting, pricing and margin analysis.
7. Professional presentation and comm. skills to address all levels of the municipalities to include client senior executives, Mayors, City Managers, & other City officials.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7074215-business-development-manager
• Post ID: 59010753 miami