Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 11:33 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Quality Assurance Analyst (QAA) is responsible for assessment, analysis, compliance review and reporting on the functionality and effectiveness of facility, equipment and component processes. Additionally, the QAA will be the lead AAR quality representative and will have a major role on the Wheel PFT team.This position represents a composite role supporting Quality iniatives, Supplier Quality issues and general Business Line support. The Quality Assurance Analyst performs audits in accordance with guidelines specified in the Mechanical Departments Quality Management System, Rolling Stock Engineering Specifications and all Regulatory agency standards. This position also monitors select performance metrics, utilizing data to identify trends and patterns to improve overall equipment performance and optimize maintenance opportunities. This position is classified as a tiered position.
- Performs extended facility, in:plant rolling stock equipment and supplier component inspections for both internal and external suppliers against regulatory compliance and quality standards and makes recommendations for improvement to both the existing standards and the methodologies and processes employed to achieve adherence to those standards
- Discerns between substantial and immaterial deviations in quality of material and workmanship, and to professionally insist upon substantial delivery of quality services and quality material
- Provides technical field engineering support for rolling stock maintenance involving inspection, troubleshooting, and turnaround servicing including interpretation of electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Analyzes performance data for systemic trends seeking opportunities for process improvement leading to increased equipment reliability
- Conveys findings of assessments and compliance audits to organized labor personnel and operational management as opportunities for improvement in accordance to the Mechanical Departments processes, policies and procedures
- Acts as an internal auditor, a liason for the Mechanical Department with other functional departmental personnel and various federal and state regulatory agencies including FRA, AAR, OIG, FDA and EPA
- Experience demonstrating skill in a quality related position (e.g., auditor, inspector, manager, quality trainer in ISO, AAR, ASQ, Lean and/or Quality Systems)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of equipment maintenance procedures in areas of North American railway safety and regulatory practices including but not limited to AAR, FDA, FRA and Transportation Canadian rules, including working knowledge of the CFR:238 and basic qualifications
- Sound leadership and project management skills
- Working knowledge of equipment systems with problem solving skills for all fleet types including locomotives, trainsets, and cars
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications including excel, word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Ability to learn new tasks (both complex and routine) in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Flexibility to work extended hours if required
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- ISO and/or AAR Lead Auditor certification
- Demonstrated experience with Process Management Implementation and Control
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of current FRA, FDA and EPA regulations
• Location: Miami
• Post ID: 50264403 miami