What you’ll be doing...
Verizon has announced plans to selli ts Data Center service offerings to Equinix. This position is included as part of the planned sale.
The engineer will work 12 hr shifts, work weekends/holidays and be responsible for monitoring/managing overall network performance. The Engineer will focus on incident management and restoring service to customers.In addition this position will develop procedures along with installation support to customer infrastructure.
What we’re looking for...
Engineer Scope Summary:
- Identify and resolve issues
- Manages several requirements/incidents at a time with no supervision
- Proactively looks for areas to improve overall network performance.
- Finds and resolves system issues by utilizing traditional and non-traditional means. Ability to quickly respond to critical service impacting issues with intuitive out-of-the-box ideas and solutions
- Prioritizes multiple high-visibility projects and drives decisions and resolutions for unique problems that may not have existing/complete solutions
- Conduct ongoing system performance monitoring to ensure that platforms continue to perform as designed
- Interfaces with customers to resolve issues. Resolves internal and external customer-specific problems
- Interacts with cross functional teams
- Monitoring and trending of capacity to ensure the network meets performance needs
- Deployment of initiatives
- Capability to manage complex projects across multiple disciplines
- Prioritize general objectives into defined projects and establish scope, timeline, and resources to successfully meet commitments
- Takes ownership of network projects, identifies and forges new processes to optimize network performance
- Produces and shares on various issues and resolutions to include training team members
Qualified candidates MUST possess the following:
- Top Secret clearance required
- Working knowledge of data communication systems including hardware, software and applications; including Switches, Routers, and Firewalls, IP, IPX, Frame Relay, VPN, IP
- Experience with network monitoring tools (HP Openview, Solar Winds, Intermapper)
- Experience in fiber-optic communications (optical network architecture, SONET/SDH,WDM)
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook/Exchange, Visio, Microsoft Project
- A high degree of self-motivation
- Industry recognized certifications (Network+, A+, I-Net+, MCP, Cisco)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6995852-network-engineer
• Post ID: 58179958 miami