Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: ACADEMIC TEACHER - 70035498
Salary: $32,696.82 - $61,625.79
Posting Closing Date: 10/18/2017
Academic Teacher 70035498
This advertisement is for a Career Service Academic Teacher position located at Everglades Correctional Institution in the Education Department.
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent in this position is responsible for teaching assigned academic subjects to students at a correctional institution/facility. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, develops and conducts classes in the assigned subject(s).
- Utilizes various teaching techniques and activities to assist students with their educational advancement.
- Responsible for the supervision of inmates assigned to the class.
- Conducts roll calls, counts and maintains attendance records.
- Ensures that order and discipline are maintained in the classroom.
- Continually evaluates students and makes determinations as to overall progress.
- Administer grades and evaluates tests.
- Counsels and advises individuals regarding their program progress, behavior or personal concerns.
- Participates in staff meetings, seminars and workshops to identify needed curriculum changes and to facilitate professional development.
- Assists in budget preparation and processing purchase requests for the education program.
- Prepares and presents lesson plans.
- Collaborates with peers to develop curriculum, learning activities and promotes student achievement.
- Maintains records, such as student grades, attendances, and supply inventory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of teaching.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to prepare teaching plans, courses, activities and learning experiences for a variety of students.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to classroom teaching.
If you experience problems applying on-line, please call People First service center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 67407072 miami