Agency: Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle
Working Title: SENIOR CLERK - 76002231
Salary: $22,801.80 Annually
Posting Closing Date: 11/14/2017
Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Division of Motorist Services
Bureau of Dealer Services
In order to be considered for this position, applicant responses to qualifying questions must be clearly stated within the employment history. Software systems and actual work experience, years of employment, hours worked per week must be clearly defined, or the application may not be considered for the position.
$22,801.80 Annually (including CAD)
Note: This position receives an annual base salary of $21,533.04. In addition to the base salary, this position receives a Competitive Area Differential (CAD) salary additive in the amount of $105.73 monthly.
Contact Person: Lissette Toledo (305) 265-3024
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) provide highway safety and security through excellence in service, education and enforcement. With a workforce of approximately 4,500 employees throughout the state, the Department is leading the way to A Safer Florida through the efficient and professional execution of its core mission: the issuance of driver licenses, vehicle tags and titles, and operation of the Florida Highway Patrol.
Our Benefits include
- Annual and Sick Leave Package
- Nine Paid Holidays
- State Health and Life Insurance
- Educational Benefits
- Contributory Retirement Plan
To learn more about DHSMV and why its a great place to work, visit our website at: flhsmv.gov/careers.
Description of Job
This position provides operational and clerical support in a regional office of the Bureau of Dealer Services. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for providing information and specified services to the public, licensed dealers and tax collectors requesting assistance. This position will also be responsible for collecting data from all regional staff, monitoring supplies and inventory, coordinating responses to mail correspondence and inquiries, routine record keeping and reports, collecting fees/payments, and additional clerical assistance as needed.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have at least one year of experience working with the general public in a business and/or professional office setting and one year of experience using Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Preference will also be given to individuals who are bi-lingual (ability to speak and read the Spanish language).
- This position requires the incumbent to have and maintain a Valid Driver's License in good standing. A driver's license history review will be conducted on all candidates in consideration for the position.
- Occasional day travel is required.
- This position requires occasional heavy lifting. Applicants must be willing and able to move and lift boxes weighing up to 25 pounds.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Skill in providing customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and maintain filing systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, scanner, printer, multi-line telephone, multi-function business copiers, facsimile and calculator.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Skill in typing and performing data entry.
- Skill in proofreading, editing, and verifying data for accuracy.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill communicating effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other written materials.
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
GENERAL SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION< or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 70569567 miami