Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: SENIOR CLERK - 64027497
Salary: $27,000.00 - $28,800.00
Posting Closing Date: 05/28/2017
CLASS TITLE: SENIOR CLERK
POSITION #: 64027497
This position is a specialized clerical position requiring the exercise of judgment and initiative in the Sexually Transmitted Disease Program (STD) of the Miami-Dade County Health Department. The incumbent is assigned to the STD surveillance unit and may be required to periodically work in other areas as required by management. This position is designated as a sensitive position and the incumbent is required to maintain confidential information in accordance with DOH and Miami-Dade County Health Department Information Security Policy, Protocols and Procedures. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining and securing the following confidential sets: STD case reporting, surveillance information, and clinical information. The position is responsible for reviewing and updating confidential information in electronic database. Incumbent is expected to communicate in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Receives, date stamps, and sorts incoming positive STD tests and enters data into PRISM in accordance with program guidelines. Creates, modifies and updates computerized client records following established protocols. Performs routine computerized record searches. Ensures accuracy, timeliness and completeness of data. Maintains a current jail log in order to ensure accurate information is available when initiating field records on inmates. Acts as liaison with other counties.
Receives incoming STD reports by telephone and fax. Verifies treatment of reported STDs by telephone with private providers and obtains necessary demographic information for field follow-up. Initiates field records to field staff for follow-up investigations in accordance with program guidelines.
Organizes and maintains filing system for epidemiologic field records and maintains laboratory surveillance files, records and reports. Responds to special requests and analysis of STD data as required.
Collects statistical data and performs other administrative duties relative to the position. Accepts telephone requests from units and agencies, accesses computerized clients records and communicates requested information after proper verification of requestors identity.
Provides back up to client registration or medical record maintenance duties at any Miami-Dade clinic site as directed by program management. Duties may include: register clients for STD clinic visit, interview clients to determine financial/insurance eligibility, collect and verify data needed for medical chart and billing.
Attends meetings, training sessions and conferences. Performs incidental typing as required.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Two years of secretarial or clerical work experience.
- All responses provided to the qualifying questions for this vacancy advertisement must be verifiable on your State of Florida, Employment Application. **
- This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit.
Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: (link removed)
- If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
- Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
- If you have any questions regarding this advertisement, please contact FRANCISCO CARABALLO @ (305) 575-5426. Please be ready to provide the position number.
Florida has the third largest population of veterans in the nation with more than 1.5 million service men and women. The Florida Department of Health is committed to serving members of the United States Armed Forces, veterans and their families by encouraging them to apply for vacancies that fit their area of knowledge and/or expertise. Through the Departments VALOR program, which expedites licensing for military veterans, the Department also waives initial licensing and application fees for military veterans who apply for a health care professional license within 60 months of an honorable discharge. These initiatives help ensure that the transition from military service into the workforce is as smooth as possible and reflects our appreciation for the dedication devoted to protecting our country.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 50321123 miami