Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II - 64004262
Salary: $32,000.00 - $34,000.00
Posting Closing Date: 03/09/2018
Open and Competitive Opportunity
**NOTE: All responses provided to the qualifying questions for this vacancy advertisement must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process.**
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
This position works in the Human Resources office at the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County. The functions and responsibilities of the incumbent involve a high level of accountability for the HIV/ AIDS and STD programs. Work involves assignments which are broad as to the objectives and content and require independently making decisions and obtaining solutions by operating within well-established policies, laws, rules, and guidelines. The incumbent of the position serves as personnel liaison for the HIV/AIDS and STD programs.
Performing personnel actions such as position update, establishment, reclassification, and abolishment as needed.
Responsible for creating all the classification actions; ensures that at all class codes, position numbers, and class titles including occupation and broadband levels are correct on the Classification Action Request fonns (CARF). Obtains all appropriate signatures; supervisor and subordinates' information on the position description, and all other appropriate designation infonnation on the position description is complete.
Create and maintain complete HIV/AIDS and STD programs' staff personnel and selection files in a secured location.
Assists the HIV/AIDS and STD programs' management team in the areas of recruitment and selection, setting up panel interviews for all applicants. Acts as the Requisition Liaison manager for talent management portion of People First system for the HIV/ AIDS and STD programs providing technical assistance relating to recruitment, hiring and screening to applicants. Create and routes requisitions in People First before being advertised. Verifies that required verbiage is stated on the advertisement.
Ensures all supporting documents are provided to the Regional HR office for all PARF transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, and personnel information systems
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document work flow and other activities relating to the improvement of operational and management practices.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Skills and Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications such as Excel, Word, Visio and power point.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Two years of administrative experience.
- Bilingual inEnglish/Spanish
- **NOTE: Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process. This language takes the place of previous language used that referenced the State of Florida application.**
- This position requires a security background checkand/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit.
Note: You will be required to provide your Social SecurityNumber (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, willnot be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with theSelective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have aLetter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information,please visit the SSS website: (link removed)
- If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System(FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligibledepending upon the date of your retirement.
- The successful candidate will be required to completethe Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verifysystem. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security inpartnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employmenteligibility.
- Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 80459227 miami