Agency: Department of Revenue
Working Title: REV - TAX SPECIALIST II - 73002279
Salary: $3,038.97 with $105.73 CAD (competitive area differential) / month
Posting Closing Date: 07/21/2017
This is an Internal Agency Advertisement
JOB SUMMARY: This position is located in General Tax Administration, Miami Service Center, Field Operations - Collections. This is a staff position which provides professional level support in coordination of Service Center matters to improve voluntary compliance, reduce the burden on those we serve and continually improve SUNTAX/Collection Analytics systems and related issues. Improving the SUNTAX/Collection Analytics systems, technical policy and procedure in the service centers will greatly assist with its overall tax administration. It will require a strong working knowledge of the SUNTAX/Collection Analytics system, collections, enforcement, registration, and front counter activities.
The Florida Department of Revenue is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities to veterans and individuals who have a disability.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently employed with the Florida Department of Revenue
- Two or more years of experience working in General Tax Administration SUNTAX (System for Unified Taxation) system;
- Two or more years of experience working in General Tax Administration Field Collections;
- Two or more years of experience delivering training which includes, but not limited to, formal instructor led (classroom) training, on the job training, and conducting training workshops;
- Experience working in the pre-warrant collection and post warrant process;
- Proficiency using personal computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and other office applications
SCREENING DISCLAIMER: Responses to qualifying questions should be verifiable by skills and/or experiences stated on the candidate profile and/or resume.
NOTE: This position requires statewide travel which may include overnight stays.
SKILLS VERIFICATION TEST: All applicants who meet the screening criteria/minimum job requirements will be required to take a Skills Verification Test. Applicants must receive a score of at least 70% to be considered further.
APPLICANT POOL: Future vacancies may be filled from this advertisement for a period of up to six months.
WHERE TO APPLY: All applicants must apply online at: (link removed). If you experience problems applying online, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287 for assistance.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Debra McGowan, 407-648-2998, (e-mail removed)
- Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website at: (link removed).
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 58854333 miami